X-Wing MarioKart Tournament
10:00 AM -
MARIO KART RULES:
- TIE Striker
- Sabine (pilot)
- Bomblet Generator
- Lone Wolf
1. Should your ship's base extend outside of the track or be destroyed it will re-spawn behind the checkpoint you've most recently passed at the start of the next activation phase. Re-spawning returns your ship to play with full shields and no damage, but does not return spent ordinance. Spent ordinance is only regenerated after each lap.
2. The track edge is treated as a wall. Maneuvers will be completed until they bump the wall ( similar to a ship bump) then roll one red dice and suffer any effects. At the end phase you may barrel roll or reverse boost (use rear guides) to get off the wall but if you do you receive on stresss token.
3. Bumping during a race is extra dangerous and causes each bumped ship to roll a red dice and suffer any rolled damage. Standard bumping rules apply (no actions or shooting the ship you are touching)
a. If during a bump one of the ships is destroyed the surviving ship can take their action if able. Example I move, bump another ship and then they are destroyed I then get my action since the ship is no longer in my way.
b. The bumping rule is suspended for the first 2 rounds of movement.
4. Each player chooses 2 hazards (asteroids, debris, bombs, ion clouds etc) to place before the race. No hazards can be placed before the first checkpoint. All standard rules apply to the hazards regarding game effects.
5. Mystery crates are placed around the map (I recommend they are placed just a little past checkpoints so players that are behind have a chance to catch up).
a. Crates are refreshed at the start of the activation phase. When a ships movement or base overlaps a crate they pick up a card from the pile. If a crate regens under a player they still get a new card.
b. If you already have a card you must discard it and pick up a new card (this prevents people from sitting on the good cards).
c. Once all cards have been picked up, shuffle the discard pile and use again.
d. Card actions/attacks when used take effect immediately. For example the first ship to move uses the lighting card, all ships take the ion damage at that time.
6. You have 24 points to spend on ships and upgrades. No large base ships, lone wolf or dead man's switch
a. If your base is on the edge of the track at the end phase you may perform a barrel roll to get you back on the track
7. Turrets shoot at everybody in range, not just the frontrunner. Turrets roll 3 attack die + range bonus. Ships roll defense dice and can use tokens. Turrets shoot first in the combat phase.
8. Shooting across the track edge adds 1 green dice for the defender.
9. Deployment will take place behind the marked start line and will start with the ships with the fewest number of points, ties will be broken by pilot skill with lower PS placing first, further ties will be determined by dice roll.
10. Activation and combat phases use standard pilot skill rules.
11. The winner is the first ship whose base fully passes the finish line after the predetermined number or laps. If two ships cross the same turn, the ship that is furthest past the finish line is he winner.
12. No bumping damage, combat, bombs dropped or mystery crates allowed for the first two turns.
Good Games Ipswich
(07) 3143 1963